REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Education Staff
COMMITMENT: 30-45 hrs/wk per session (see details below)
Session 2: July 8th – 12th, July 15th – 19th, and July 22nd – 26th
OR Session 3: July 29th – August 2nd, August 5th – 9th, and August 12th-16th
*You must be available for all three weeks of a session to be considered.
- Mondays, 8:00am – 5:30pm
- Tuesdays – Fridays, 8:30am-5:30pm
- Mandatory Training: Thursday, June 27th 5:30-7:30pm or Monday, July 1st 11am – 1pm. You must be available to attend one of these sessions to be considered.
MISSION: Since 1984, TADA!’s mission is to provide young people from different backgrounds with musical theater programs that inspire them to be creative, learn, and think differently.
TADA! is a unique Drama Desk award-winning nonprofit youth theater that produces original musicals for children, teens, and family audiences.
TADA! offers a free, year-round, pre-professional training and a positive youth development program for the Resident Youth Ensemble (ages 8-18); musical theater classes/camps for the public; as well as musical theater residencies in NYC schools and community centers.
Through TADA!’s high-quality work, young people’s self-confidence and creativity are enhanced, which develops advanced skills in leadership, communication, responsibility, collaboration, and problem-solving – skills that help with growing up and are essential to their success both in school and in life. A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Assist TADA!’s summer musical theater week-long camps
- Lead warm-ups and theater activities during the 9:00am-9:30am flexible drop-off period
- Support group collaboration that encourages teambuilding, on-task, fair, & respectful behavior while remaining open-minded and flexible to the needs of individuals
- Encourage active participation in singing, dancing, acting, and script development
- Support a positive and focused learning environment with gentle/quiet reminders for individuals to stay on task and focused on the Teaching Artists
- Managing Lunch/Bathroom/Water Breaks
- Provide administrative support for TADA! Education staff (i.e. assisting with student check-in/ check-out, registrations, answering parents’ questions, communicating TADA!’s overall philosophy, etc.)
- Strong commitment to musical theater and education (note: our focus is primarily on musical theater)
- Be reliable, dependable, and have strong attention to detail
- Interest in working with youth ages 4-12
- Enjoy working with others—Teaching Assistants need to interact successfully with a wide range of personalities including staff, students, artists, volunteers, board members, donors and the general public
- A proactive mindset that seeks solutions to problems
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: This position reports directly to the Education Staff and works closely with Director or Education, Assistant Director of Education, Education Programs Manager, Education Assistant Apprentice, and Teaching Artists.
POLICIES: All Teaching Assistants must adhere to TADA!’s general office policies and behave professionally at all times. Inappropriate or unprofessional behavior may result in immediate termination.
Position contingent on a clear background check.
TADA!’s goal is to have a diverse staff that is representative of the makeup of the city in which we reside and the participants we serve. We welcome applications from people of all ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals, and women in occupations or positions where they are underrepresented. All offers of employment and internship will be based on merit, competence, performance, and TADA!’s organizational needs. It is the policy of TADA! to provide employment and intern opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression and to maintain an environment free of harassment or retaliation as required by law.
COMPENSATION: $175 travel stipend paid upon completion of session. The Education Department is also willing to discuss arranging college credit and/or observation/fieldwork hours with your university or college advisor.
For more information or to apply for the TADA! Summer Education Teaching Assistant position, send or email a cover letter and resume to:
ATTN: EG Engle E-MAIL: email@example.com PHONE: (212) 252-1619 x4