The SONYC HVA Program Coordinator will serve as the primary coordinator for the after-school program operated out of Harlem Village Academy in East Harlem. S/he will be responsible for the day to day operations of the program which include developing, implementing and managing the after-school activities of the program with the Manager of Programs. Ensuring that all participants are safe, engaged and well cared for in accordance with Department of Health School Aged Child Care regulations.
● Accountable for oversight of after-school education program, ensuring alignment with Casita Maria’s mission, strategy and objectives, and DYCD contractual requirements such as rate of participation, and program required enrollment.
● In coordination with the Manager of Programs, develop, manage and implement a program schedule of activities in accordance with specifications and funding.
● Outreach, recruit and select program participants using appropriate promotional and marketing methods, such as letters, brochures or presentations at meetings.
● Monitor program, participant files and assure all items are complete and meet regulatory requirements.
● Manage the DYCD Connect online database and attendance to ensure compliance with contractual requirements.
● Submit a weekly report on ROP (rate of participation), enrollment, and programming.
● Submit quarterly program reports.
● Build and maintain positive relationships with schools, youth, and parents/caregivers.
● In coordination with the Manager of Programs, hire, train, manage and evaluate Group Leaders, Teaching Artists, and an Assistant Program Coordinator
● Conduct weekly/monthly staff meetings with the Group Leaders, Teaching Artists, and the
● Coordinate the recruitment of participants, follow up with parents on participant performance and ensure contractual requirements for attendance are being met.
● Attend staff/department meetings as required.
● Accountable to report all program incidents up to the chain of command and DYCD Online.
● Bachelor’s degree in education required with a minimum of 30 education or psychology credits.
● 3-5 years of experience in supervising and managing a Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD) funded program.
● 3-5 years of experience managing a team of 5 or more.
● Experience in programming design and recruitment and outreach strategies.
● Experience working with economically and educationally disadvantaged youth with a sound understanding of the social and cultural issues facing urban families.
● Complete 30 Hours of Staff Development Training Yearly based on the DOH/DYCD Requirements.
● Knowledge of the DYCD funded after-school programs and expectations.
● NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene School Aged Child Care (SACC) License Educational and Background Qualifications
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
● A solution mindset.
● Eager to work in a fast-paced, arts and education-focused environment
● Exceptional interpersonal skills. Ability to work collaboratively, quickly and under pressure with a sense of humor
● Highly motivated, detail-oriented, ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
● Ability to work collaboratively, quickly and under pressure—with a sense of humor.
● Have strong organizational skills and a flexible attitude
● Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks
● Ability to work under frequent observation
● Integrity, professional discretion and professionalism
● Exceptional writing and editorial skills required; clear verbal communications skills required.
● Strong computer skills: knowledge of Google Drive suite and other standard business
technology is required.
● Bilingual – Spanish/English is required.
Send a Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com Subject Line: SONYC HVA Program