Magic Box Productions, a non-profit arts education organization that brings media arts programs to New York area schools, is seeking resumes from qualified Teaching Artists and Teaching Artist Assistants for part-time freelance positions both in school and out-of-school time, beginning in fall 2017. Magic Box is currently working in all 5 boroughs and Westchester County libraries. We also do extensive work with ELL (English Language Learners) students. We are seeking Teaching Artists with excellent practical and academic experience in the disciplines of Documentary, Animation, Photography, and Audio Production. We are also seeking less experienced TAs for assistant positions. Competitive pay.Applicants must have the following qualifications:
- At least 2 years teaching experience, serving students K-12
- Media arts instruction experience – Imovie, FCP, Premiere, Garageband and Photoshopstrongly preferred
- Teaching experience with younger (grades PK-4), ELL and/or special educationstudents a plus
- Non-English language facilities (spoken and/or written) a plus
- Strong understanding of instructional methods for teaching media arts (for ex. artsintegration with the Common Core, inquiry-based instruction, Understanding by Design,etc.)
- Familiarity in creating and updating program overviews and individual lesson plans
- Commitment to collaborative planning
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong organizational skills, with a sharp eye for details and good ‘follow-through’ability
- Internet-savvy and familiar with social networking platforms: Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Must be collaborative, punctual, and able to juggle multiple priorities
- Integrity and good humor are required.
Applicants must submit their resume with 3 sample sequential lessons, 2 references, and representative samples of student work to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 4, 2017.
Interviews for invited candidates will be held in August. A mandatory Professional Development workshop will be held on September 8, 2017 in order to prepare for work in the upcoming academic year.