Studio in a School (Studio) seeks a dedicated and innovative arts education professional to join its senior program team as the Residency Program Manager. The Residency Program Manager will coordinate, oversee, and support visual art instruction delivered by professional artist instructors in public schools and community based organizations throughout New York City. The Residency Program Manager will join a passionate, talented team in a dynamic and well-respected art education organization, while taking leadership in implementing a diverse portfolio of programs.
The Residency Program Manager position is an exempt, full-time position reporting to the Senior Program Manager. The Manager supervises a Program Coordinator and a team of Artist Instructors. Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage programs typically ranging from six to fourteen weeks in public schools and community based organizations throughout all five boroughs.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to set program goals, evaluate existing programming, and develop new initiatives.
- Market programs to new partners, cultivate strong relationships with schools, and oversee program start-up and implementation.
- Select, train, assign, and supervise professional artist instructors with the goal of providing the highest quality visual arts experiences to young people.
- Spend between one and three days per week in the field at program sites, providing support to artists, teachers, and administrators.
- Design and implement events and workshops for parents and the school community.
- Supervise contracts, budgets, documentation, and scheduling of programs.
- Utilize evaluation instruments and tracking systems to analyze program outcomes, using results as a tool for program development.
- Write reports for internal and external use.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Background in and passion for visual arts and education.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the field.
- Knowledge of visual arts curriculum and current educational issues.
- Familiarity with the NYC public school system.
- Experience managing multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Budget management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, and supervisory skills.
- Willingness to take initiative, attention to detail, collaborative approach to one’s work, and a commitment to the highest standards of excellence.
Compensation is commensurate with experience, including competitive benefits and vacation package.
Email resume and cover letter by July 1, 2019 to email@example.com with “Program Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
About Studio in a School
Studio in a School has enriched the lives of more than 850,000 children residing in the five boroughs of New York City since 1977. Studio brings professional artists into schools and community organizations to lead classes in drawing, printmaking, painting, and sculpture. Partnering with administrators, teachers, artists, supporters, and members of the New York City Department of Education, Studio dedicates itself to providing students with a full and meaningful visual arts experience. Each year, Studio offers a variety of programs to more than 150 New York City schools, taught by nearly 100 professional artists who devote over 45,000 hours to more than 30,000 Pre-K through high school students. Approximately 90% of all children who participate in Studio programs come from Title 1 schools.
Studio in a School seeks to hire staff members who reflect the diversity of the communities they serve. All positions at Studio in a School are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, employment status, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.