The Center for Arts Education (CAE) is committed to ensuring that all New York City public school students receive quality arts instruction as part of their pre-K–12 education.
Founded in 1996, CAE makes important and unique contributions to advancing equitable and quality arts learning through rigorous implementation of a comprehensive suite of programs: direct services for students in and out of school time; professional development for educators, teaching artists and school leaders; arts education research and dissemination of model programs; and advocacy and public engagement initiatives for the general public, school communities and policy makers.
We are seeking a Programs Associate to provide administrative support for our Career Development and other instructional and research programs. We seek a creative, detail-oriented, and self-motivated person to join the Teaching & Learning team.
Employment Classification: Permanent, Full-Time
Reports to: Director of Teaching & Learning
Schedule/Hours: Weekdays, 35-hour work week, up to one-hour unpaid lunch. Occasional evenings and weekends
Start Date: Immediate
Supervises: Interns and Teaching Artists as required
Salary: Commensurate with experience, starting at $42,000 per year with comprehensive benefits, vacation and retirement plan
- Coordinate and administer school-based programming, including placing teaching artists and maintaining relationships with school partners
- Track teaching artist payroll for designated programs
- Assist with administration of CAE’s federally-funded professional development initiatives:
- Contribute to planning of professional development workshops and end of year student exhibition, including coordination of day-of logistics and documentation
- Contribute to tracking of program budget and expenditures in coordination with Associate Programs Manager
- Track teaching artists on-site support visits and residency paperwork
- Assist with technology component of professional development initiatives
- Assist with administration and facilitation of CAE’s Career Development Program (CDP):
- Contribute to planning and implementation of CDP curriculum
- Track student paperwork including applications, schedules, and payments
- Assist with coordination of MetroCards, food, and other materials for the program o Assist with communication with students, schools, and worksites
- Assist with creation of Teaching and Learning promotional materials
- Assist with research data collection, recording and processing
- Contribute to grant applications and reports in collaboration with Development Department
Qualifications and Skills
- Applicants must have a B.A. or B.S. in education, arts education, non-profit management, or a related field
- Two or more years of administrative experience (preferably in an education, arts education, or non-profit setting)
- Excellent organization skills and a strong focus on detail and accuracy of work
- A strong interest in youth development (experience with Creative Youth Development preferred)
- Experience prioritizing work and handling several tasks at one time
- Ability to write well and in a variety of formats, from reports to marketing materials
- A positive and professional demeanor with the ability to work well in a team and independently
- Experience working with New York City Public schools
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, CRM, and/or research databases a plus
- Fluency in more than one language a plus
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and three recent references to, email@example.com with Programs Associate Job Applicant in the subject line. CAE will contact only those applicants invited to interview.
CAE is an equal opportunity employer.