The Center for Arts Education (CAE) is committed to ensuring that all New York City public school
students receive quality arts instruction as part of their pre-K–12 education.
Founded in 1996, CAE makes important and unique contributions to advancing equitable and quality
arts learning through rigorous implementation of a comprehensive suite of programs: direct services for
students in and out of school time; professional development for educators, teaching artists and school
leaders; arts education research and dissemination of model programs; and advocacy and public
engagement initiatives for the general public, school communities and policy makers.
We are seeking a Programs Assistant to provide administrative support for CAE’s after-school and other
school-based programs. We seek a creative, detail-oriented, and self-motivated person to join the
Teaching & Learning team.
Employment Classification: Temporary, Part Time
Reports to: Director of Teaching & Learning
Schedule: Up to 21 hours per week split between on-site (Bushwick) and office-based (Midtown
Manhattan) work. Must be available Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 2:30 – 5:45 to work
at a school site in Bushwick. Additional hours on Mondays, Fridays, evenings, and weekends may be
Start Date: Immediate
End Date: July 15, 2019
Wages: Hourly starting at $18/hour with pro-rated vacation.
- Oversee site operations and logistics for after school program in Bushwick
- Collect and track documents and data from schools, teaching artists and other partners
- Coordinate and administer school-based programs, including placing teaching artists and maintaining relationships with school partners
- Develop, prepare and distribute program promotional materials
- Order and track program materials
- Track teaching artist payroll documentation
- Track program budgets and expenses
- Schedule and complete site visits for Teaching and Learning programs
- Other tasks as required
Qualifications and Skills:
- B.A., B.F.A., or B.S. in education, arts education, arts, non-profit management, arts administration, or a related area
Excellent interpersonal skills as well as written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to write well and in a variety of formats, including proposals, reports and marketing materials
- Flexible and able to work collaboratively and independently
- Commitment to serving students, educators, and families
- Interest in inquiry and experiential education
- Experience working with New York City Public schools preferred
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, CRM and/or research databases a plus
- Fluency in multiple languages a plus
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and three recent references to, email@example.com with Programs Assistant Job Applicant in the subject line. CAE will contact only those applicants invited to interview.
CAE is an equal opportunity employer.