- Center for Family Life Community School Project at P.S.1 seeks a flexible, creative, motivated team member to join our staff of professional artists and social workers in a large, diverse, community based after-school, evening and summer camp program.
- Responsibilities include creating and facilitating activities for children ages 5-17.
- Developing special events.
- Collaborating with a team of teenage and young adult staff.
- SCO Family of Services is an equal employment opportunity employer
- Can work with a wide age group of young people from elementary to middle school in dance and supervising some teen volunteers.
- Designing curricula and planning dance units of learning for various groups of different ages in afternoon, evening and summer programs.
- Lead dance activities and possibly theater activities.
- Choreograph, direct and collaborate to produce an annual program wide performance.
- Has an interest in working with participants with some challenging behaviors.
- Has a strong dance background in a variety of dance forms (World Dance forms are a plus).
- Has great interpersonal skills, is flexible and works well as a part of a team.
- Can use the medium of dance/theater to create a safe group so that members can express various ways of expression, both physical and intellectual.
- Participate in the creation and implementation of other special events; staff retreats, and other community building activities.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY