New York City Center seeks energetic, passionate musical theater teaching artists to join our existing team for the 2019-2020 season. Ideal candidates will have arts education teaching experience in NYC schools, demonstrate mastery in musical theater, and work well in a collaborative teaching team.
Part-Time Teaching Artists’ (TAs) job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate Encores! In Schools Residencies and participate in Professional Development Sessions
- In School Workshops and Residencies range from 2-10 sessions.
- Professional Development Sessions take place at City Center annually
- Participate in annual Encores! curriculum development day, and work with City Center staff to develop season goals, themes, and curriculum
- Partner with teachers and other TAs to plan and develop lessons
- Participate in planning meetings, as needed
- Serve as a representative of City Center in NYC schools
- Expertise in musical theater as a director, choreographer, or musical director
- Minimum of three years teaching experience
- 2+ years of experience in NYC public schools
- Experience developing curriculum
- A flexible weekday schedule between 8:00am-3:00pm
- Ability to take ownership of assigned work and accountability for positive outcomes
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong collaborative skills
- A passion for arts-education
- Multi-lingual, a plus
- Position Available: This is a part-time, contracted position. Work is offered on a needs basis, determined by school registration and availability.
- Compensation: Wage varies based on work performed
How to Apply
Interested Applicants should send a brief cover letter, a resume highlighting education experience, and a musical theater lesson plan in PDF format to email@example.com. Please include “Teaching Artist” in the subject line. Materials should be received no later than Monday, April 15th.
Auditions will be held on May 14th from 2:00-6:00pm and attendance is required to be considered for a position. More information will be provided during initial interviews.
The mission of City Center Education is to ignite an appreciation of the performing arts, cultivate the creative mind and create a culture of inquiry and exploration. Committed to drawing inspiration from works on the mainstage, City Center Education strives to provide innovative, accessible arts education to schools and communities across New York City.
New York City Center Encores! (Artistic Director Jack Viertel and Music Director Rob Berman), celebrates the rarely heard works of America’s most important composers and lyricists. Conceived in 1994 as concert performances, Encores! gives three glorious scores the chance to be heard as their creators originally intended.