ArtsConnection is a not-for-profit organization providing arts education programs including in-school and after-school residencies, professional development, research, performances and family events to New York City public schools and Teen Programs during out of school time. ArtsConnection’s Program Staff have primary responsibility for all programming. This position manages the ArtsConnection office and provides administrative support to the Programs Department. The Part-Time Program Coordinator reports to the Director of In-School Programs and will be an integral member of the Programs Department.
Specific Program Coordinator duties include:
- Assist with logistics around special events including annual Artist Institute, and Professional Development workshops
- Manage Space rentals with ART NY, New Georges, Ripley Grier and other locations
- Administer the contracting of new Teaching Artists, and coordinate scheduling for new artist orientations
- Train Artists in the Caspio payroll system
- Manage inventory and organization of Programs materials (media arts equipment, music and
audio equipment, scripts, props and costumes)
- The Program Coordinator will sit at ArtsConnection’s front desk and greet visitors
- Assist in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies
Excellent personal and phone communication skills; ability to work collaboratively and well under pressure; flexibility; good problem solving skills; detail-oriented; computer proficiency essential; knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures; knowledge of customer service principles and
practices. Self-directed/self-starter; experience or interest in working closely with students with disabilities; interest in art/music/dance/theater or education; occasional evening and weekend availability upon request. NYC Department of Education Fingerprint Clearance required.
DEADLINE for applications: Sunday, February 9, 2020
Hourly rate: $20/hour; 21 hour week. Benefits: pro-rated vacation and sick time. Letter and resume only. No calls please.
Subject line: Part-Time Program Coordinator
ArtsConnection is an equal opportunity employer. We have a strong commitment to equity and inclusion, and value the leadership and skills of people from diverse backgrounds. People of color, LGBTQ persons, and people from other historically marginalized backgrounds are encouraged to apply.