Summary Description: We are seeking a highly organized and technical individual to assist in the organizational and promotional activities of a classical music ensemble. The job entails 5-10 hours per week. The Program Assistant will work directly with the composer/lead musician.
- Maintain website and promote activities through social media and marketing newsletters
- Develop press assets – editing videos, photos and written material
- Promote performances and educational activities to arts organizations, venues, music festivals and educational institutions
- Assist in video documenting programs
- Grant writing for the composer
- Other administrative duties
- College Graduate or Graduate student preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Computer and office skills – Excel, Word, etc.
- Strong technical skills required – Experience with WordPress, Html, iMovie, Adobe Creative Suite, and Digital video editing
- Attention to detail and ability to independently work on multiple projects at the same time
- Experience with marketing/PR
- Mailchimp, WordPress, Youtube, Twitter, Instagram, social media knowledge required
Availability: We are looking for an immediate hire for at least 5 hours per week. Candidate should have their own MacBook. Ability to work some Saturdays. Salary – $15/hr.
Location: Park Slope, Brooklyn
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
English – excellent written and verbal skills
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
How to Apply: To apply for the Arts Administration Internship: Submit resumé, cover letter detailing your interest in this position, and your availability to Bala Skandan, Akshara Music Ensemble email@example.com