Manhattan Theatre Club (MTC), a Tony Award-winning nonprofit theatre dedicated to the production of contemporary plays and musicals, seeks a full time Individual Giving Manager to serve as both a frontline fundraiser and a strategic and efficient presence behind-the-scenes. For nearly fifty years, MTC has been the creative and artistic home for America’s most gifted theatrical artists, producing works of the highest quality by American and international playwrights. We are strongly committed to producing work that is made by, and tells the stories of, a wide range of voices from all walks of life and to making that work accessible to all audiences including those that have historically lacked access to the arts and cultural sector. MTC produces eight plays annually in Broadway’s restored Samuel J. Friedman Theatre on West 47th Street and off Broadway at the historic NY City Center complex on West 55th Street.
• Manage Individual Giving renewal process
• Annual projections
• Written appeals
• Solicitations – in person and by phone
• Manage a portfolio of up to 150 donors and prospects
• Meet new Patron acquisition goals
• Ensure appropriate moves management steps are followed in order to secure Patron renewals and upgrades
• Represent MTC at events including Opening Nights, Patron cultivation dinners and receptions, other events, as needed; and at the theatres during pre-show and at intermissions, as assigned
• Provide support for Special Events department, as needed
• Manage Young Patron program
• Collaborate with Special Events to manage events
• Supervise the Individual Giving Intern
• Manage staffing and inventory for Patron Lounges
Marketing And Communication
• Liaise with outside vendors, re: Individual Giving materials, brochures, etc.
• Cover “MTC Concierge” hotline for $6K+ donors
• 3-4 years of relevant professional experience.
• Familiarity with development database software and operations at a not-for-profit organization is essential. Experience with Tessitura is strongly preferred. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent administrative, communication, and computer skills (including MS Office) are required.
• Excellent customer service skills and experience.
• Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to take initiative, be flexible and work well independently and with a team