- Service: Competitive
- Pay scale & grade: GS 12
- Salary: $83,398 to $108,422 per year
- Appointment type: Permanent
- Work schedule: Full-Time
Applicants are encouraged to use the USA Jobs resume template. However, if you do not use the template you must ensure your resume contains ALL required information which includes hours worked, starting and ending months and years, and if Federal employment (series, pay plan, and grade).
As a Grants Management Specialist, GS-1109-12, you will:
- Review and process assigned applications, grants, cooperative agreements and leadership initiatives from the Theater/Musical Theater field and follow all applications through the Arts Endowment’s complete process from application to Final Descriptive Report.
- Counsel applicants and prospective applicants about proposed projects in context of published guidelines and with knowledge of field activities and trends as well as agency funding history of specific projects.
- Assist Discipline Director in recommending appropriate experts from the Theater/Musical Theater field to serve as application reviewers and in all processing related to these determinations, an provide technical assistance, expertise, and consultation to advisory panelists as needed.
- Manage items related to special Theater/Musical Theater leadership initiatives that arise. (Duties might include managing series of meetings and convening’s, webinar development and management and other work items as they occur as well as processing cooperative agreements, interagency agreements, contracts and other government documents).
- Serve as agency liaison with Theater/Musical Theater field; represent the agency at select conferences, meetings, and panels.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel 1 to 5 nights per month for this position.
Supervisory status: No
Promotion Potential: 12
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- You must be suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
- Males born after 12 -31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
In order to qualify for this position, you must have at least one year of full-time specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-11 level in the Federal service, with experience in performing ALL of the following duties: working as an artist or administrator in the not for profit theater field, performing the duties involved in producing a play or musical (acting, fundraising, producing, or designing); reviewing and processing applications, grants, cooperative agreements and leadership initiatives from the Theater/Musical Theater field; monitoring grantee performance to assure that the grantee is functioning in accordance with the terms and conditions of the grant; drafting correspondence and developing complex documents through the use of technology (such as budgets, spreadsheets, power point presentations, and letters/emails).
You must clearly show in your resume and claim on the questionnaire how you meet ALL of the required experience above, or you will be rated ineligible.
You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date, 07/08/2019, of this announcement and clearly documented in your resume.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Identification of promotion potential in this announcement does not constitute a commitment or an obligation of management to promote the employee selected at some future date.
If you are claiming CTAP/ICTAP eligibility, you must submit proof by 07/08/2019 that you meet the requirements of 5 CFR 330.605(a) for CTAP and 5 CFR 330.704 for ICTAP or you will not receive priority consideration. The proof includes a copy of the agency notice, your most recent Performance Rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting current position, grade level, and duty station. To be considered well-qualified and exercise selection priority of this vacancy, you must earn a minimum score of 85 (prior to the assignment of veteran’s preference) on the rating criteria for this position.
VETERANS PREFERENCE: If claiming 5-point veteran preference you MUST submit copy number 4 of the DD-214. If you are claiming 10-point veteran preference you MUST submit an SF-15, Application for 10-point Veteran’s Preference AND all other required documents in order to be granted the preference. All documents must be received by 07/08/2019. Additional information on veteran’s preference is available at: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx
If you are selected for this Federal position, you will be required to complete a “Declaration of Federal Employment”, (OF-306), prior to being appointed to determine your suitability for Federal employment and to authorize a background investigation. Failure to answer all questions truthfully and completely or providing false statements on the application may be grounds for not hiring you or dismissing you after you begin work, and may be punishable by fine or imprisonment (U.S. Code, Title 18, Section 1001).
The application contains information subject the Privacy Act (P.L. 93-579, 5 U.S.C. 552a). The information issued will be used to determine qualifications for employment, and is authorized under Title 5 U.S.C. Section 3302 and 3361.
Recruitment methods and selection procedures will based solely on merit after fair and open competition, and will be made without regard to political, religious, or labor organization affiliation or non-affiliation, marital status, race, color, sex, national origin, non-disqualifying disability, sexual-orientation or age.
EEO Policy Statement: http://www.usajobs.gov/eeo
Reasonable Accommodation Policy Statement: http://www.usajobs.gov/raps
Veterans Information: http://www.usajobs.gov/vi
Legal and Regulatory Guidance: http://www.usajobs.gov/lr
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link regarding an Alternate Application.
The following documents are required and must be received by the closing date of this announcement:
1. A complete Resume (which includes hours worked, starting/ending dates (month and year), and if Federal employment – series, pay plan and grade).
2. A complete Online Questionnaire
5. Other Supporting Documents:
- Veteran Documents, ( if applicable, a DD-214, SF-15, VA Letter, etc.)
- ICTAP/CTAP documents (if applicable)
- Miscellaneous (as required by position)
How to Apply
Click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Complete resume with relevant experience where you worked, job title, duties and accomplishments, employer’s name and address, supervisor’s name and phone number, starting and end dates (Mo/Yr), hours per week and salary. If you are a current or previous federal employee, provide your pay plan, series and grade level (e.g. GS-0201-09).
2. Complete assessment questionnaire
3. Supporting documentation
Failure to submit a complete application package will result in an ineligible rating and loss of consideration.
Your complete application (resume, assessment questionnaire, and all supporting documents) must be received by 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) on 07/08/2019. Applications received after may result in an ineligible rating and loss of consideration.
NOTE: To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select Application Status, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process so please plan appropriately.