Pier55, a not-for-profit park and arts organization currently under construction and opening in fall 2020, is seeking anEngagement and Education Program Coordinator, who is an emerging professional arts administrator and teaching artist; responsible for planning, organizing, and supporting the development and implementation of an array of arts-based community engagement and educational programming. The ideal candidate will have a background in community engagement and arts education.
In collaboration with the Pier55 Executive Director & Director of Engagement and Education the Program Coordinator will help to build dynamic, meaningful, and strategic relationships with neighborhood organizations, local government officials, education administrators and students, small business leaders and local residents.
- Schedule and maintain internal and external calendars of community engagement and education program events and activities
- Communicate with key stakeholders in order to establish and shepherd relationships on behalf of Pier55
- Supervise and support high school and college-age interns and apprentices
- Attend external community meetings on behalf of Pier55 to learn and share information about partnership opportunities with Pier55
- Coordinate Pier55 interactions with school partners, educators, students, and families
- Coordinate visits by constituents of partner organizations
- Coordinate student matinees and field trips
- Facilitate workshops, and classes
- Facilitate talkbacks
- Conduct classroom observation and assessment
- Collect student data and administer surveys
- Track program related expenses
- Maintain data entry and record keeping systems
- Work closely with the Director of Engagement and Education to develop curricular resources, including lesson plans, and resource guides
- Other related duties, as assigned
The qualified candidate is a highly organized problem solver, with excellent communication and relationship building skills, a deep commitment to and experience with engaging diverse communities, a strong work ethic, and the ability to adapt to change. Must be able to work collaboratively with multiple departments and partners. A background in arts education and culturally responsive pedagogy, previous experience managing relationships with external partners, and the ability to speak Spanish are ideal.
Pier55 is an EOE. People of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: EE PROGRAM COORDINATOR by Monday, November 12th.