New York City Center
(New York, NY)
New York City Center is currently accepting applications for a full-time Education Associate in the administrative office of the Education Department. Applicants should have a background in arts administration and education with a strong knowledge of dance and the performing arts.
The Education and Community Engagement initiatives provide innovative, accessible programming to schools and communities across New York City that supplement the work presented on our mainstage. In an effort to connect as many students as possible to the performing arts, our education programs range from multi-week in-depth residencies in schools to full-day professional development workshops for educators, study guides, and assessment tools. Our outreach programs for all theatergoers include pre- and post-performance talks, masterclasses, and discounted student tickets to professional performances at City Center. Drawing inspiration from works on our mainstage, City Center’s in-school programs ignite an appreciation of the performing arts, create a culture of inquiry and exploration and activate the individual creative voice for over 9,000 students each year.
- Coordinate all elements of the registration process for in-school programs in dance and musical theater including scheduling workshops and meetings and organizing all relevant details for use by City Center Education staff, Teaching Artists and school personnel.
- Assist with the organization of three dance School Time Matinee performances per year with duties including facilitation of seating, transportation, and supplementary materials.
- Assist with the coordination of musical theater Sharing Sessions (in-school and/or at City Center) and the organization of groups attending to Encores! Dress Rehearsals.
- Coordinate post-show talkbacks with Encores! casts and/or theater tours (as needed) to supplement Education programming.
- Maintain relationships and clear communication with school partners, administrators, and teaching artists while helping to expand program outreach and identify new school connections.
- Make site visits to schools throughout the year to observe programming and support assessment of teaching and learning.
- Assist with the execution of three Professional Development Workshops including studio reservations, coordination and facilitation of planning meetings, preparation of study guides and supplementary materials, and other related logistics.
- Work with the Education Manager to follow up on payment and invoicing for all departmental programs and assist with payroll as needed.
- Assist in all aspects of coordinating Fall for Dance ancillary programs including the FFD Lab (Professional Development) and public master classes.
- Contribute in the development, design and creation of all department publications including study guides for all in-school programs, e-blasts, flyers, playbills, surveys, presentations, registration, newsletters, etc.
- Assist in the implementation of all in-theater/Community Engagement programming including staffing for events.
- Film, photograph, and take notes at all programs as needed.
- Miscellaneous duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and a background in arts education/dance education, preferred
- 1 – 2 years previous work experience in arts administration required
- Familiarity with current landscape of dance and musical theater
- A passion for arts education and a commitment to the mission of City Center’s Education & Community Engagement programs
- Familiarity with NYC public school system
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite (In Design), Wordfly, Google Drive, Publisher, and PowerPoint preferred; Experience with Tessitura, a plus
- Tech savvy; video editing a plus
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills
- Energetic, collaborative, articulate, detail oriented, excellent customer service skills
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond only to complete applications. No phone calls please.