Second Stage Theater, a not-for-profit Broadway and Off-Broadway Theater company currently celebrating its 40th Anniversary, is seeking a part-time, seasonal position for Education and Outreach Coordinator. The position holds the following responsibilities:
- Maintaining contact with NYC public schools as related to 2ST educational programs
- Work with the Audience Services Manager to book school groups for free student matinees held in the season
- Assist in the writing and coordination of student study materials as needed
- Coordination of seasonal departmental interns as needed
- Coordination and implementation of the Summer Student Leadership Forum including but not limited to correspondence, interviews, scheduling of departmental interviews, coordination of selection of program participants with departmental supervisors, scheduling of program participants, coordination of weekly meetings during the program and serving in a general advisory capacity for program participants
- Degree in Theater required, Educational Theater preferred
- Prior experience working directly with NYC schools and administrators
- Ability to work within NYS educational standards
- Ability to handle multiple tasks autonomously
- Demonstrated project management ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide mentorship for student interns
The position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Flexible hours. Position starts in January/February 2019 and ends in August 2019.
Second Stage Theater is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all to apply.
Send cover letter and resume to jobs@2ST.com with “Education and Outreach Coordinator” in the title of the email. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
For more information on Second Stage, please visit www.2st.com