Scribble Art Workshop, a company dedicated to high quality visual arts instruction for ages 18 months and up, is looking for a Director of Operations to oversee our 2 studio locations (one in Upper Manhattan and the other in Lower Westchester) and school programs in NYC, Westchester and NJ. We are poised to grow but need a highly organized, detail-oriented and philosophically like minded team member at the helm to help us maintain and develop systems for our day to day operations.
Our ideal candidate will have some experience working within schools (art or otherwise) and/or managing a team of teachers or teaching artists. This position would necessitate on-site hours at both studio locations throughout the week and begin at 30 hours per week and then increase as we expand.
Position would include:
OPERATIONS & PROGRAM DIRECTION
• Schedule all classes including seasonal classes and drop in programming.
• Schedule satellite & school programs and act as liaison between our company and partnering schools.
• Update all company manuals on a yearly basis, making sure that all content is current.
• Maintain studio spaces including oversight of daily checklists & any studio repairs or upgrades.
• Oversee studio managers in both locations assigning weekly tasks and ensuring they are completed.
• Staff all offerings at all locations including seasonal classes, camps and drop in workshops.
• Send emails to staff before programming begins with pertinent details.
• Evaluate staff professionalism & work with director of instruction to identify areas of strength and weakness
• Observe teachers and communicate with director of instruction to support and develop teachers
• Order and organize supplies for all weekly classes, drop in programming & satellite/school programs.
• Update supply master list to reflect current ordering.
• Manage inventory of supplies across all locations.
Our company centers around giving our students the authentic experience of working as artists: conceiving of original ideas and then realizing those ideas through to fruition and eventually to professional exhibition. It’s important to us that our operations manager is aligned with and able to help fulfill our mission.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Email email@example.com your cover letter and resume.
August 14, 2019