The Director is accountable for the strategic vision and execution of all aspects of 92Y’s youth arts education programs. Through the continued development of an innovative and broad ranging programming portfolio, that offers diverse, joyful, enriching and engaging opportunities for students to connect across a multidisciplinary art programs, the Director ensures delivery on 92Y’s commitment of safeguarding the arts as a vibrant part of the city’s core curriculum.
As well as being responsible for the day to day delivery and operations of the Center, including leadership of its team, the Director functions as a critical, passionate and articulate advocate for arts education, both within the NYC metropolitan community and nationally.
- Accountable for the development of a broad-based, innovative, creative and inclusive programming portfolio that is continually evaluated and assessed to ensure the highest levels of engagement and impact.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the Center for Youth Arts Education programming including accountability for the development and management of all programming budgets.
- Functions as primary contact for arts in education programming at 92Y within the institution, the NYC metropolitan community, nationally and internationally.
- Responsible, in conjunction with Development, to cultivate and solicit foundations, corporations and individuals to securing the funding programs.
- Collaborate with all 92Y program areas on new projects that explore new ways of bringing the best of 92Y’s institutional wide programming to schools in need, in order to assist in transforming the lives of thousands of students every year
- Recruit, hire, motivate and performance manage the Center’s faculty and staff.
- Oversee all contractual obligations relating to service agreements with the City and other funding providers.
- Work with Marketing and Public Relations departments to develop key strategies to ensure the reputation of the center for providing programs of distinction is both elevated and disseminated.
- Represent 92Y at student performances/exhibitions in the partnering schools.
- Perform other related duties as requested or assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Arts, Education or related field required
- Strong and compelling leader with exceptional programming and management abilities.
- Proven ability to successfully lead, motivate and manage diverse teams, both internally and externally, with the capacity to build a team capable of delivering dynamic and innovative programming.
- Proven ability to successfully cultivate donor relationships and solicit foundations, corporations and individuals to secure program funding.
- Passionate, articulate and engaging spokesperson for the value and importance of art education in all its forms.
- Previous experience in youth and community development and community outreach with a focus on delivering equitable programs across the broadest range of the arts.
- Must have knowledge of national arts education issues and of music, dance, the visual arts, literacy and the New York State Standards for the Arts.
- Proven ability to develop strong and effective relationships with parents, schools and community organizations.
- Experience working in a community-focused environment, with the ability to manage the demands of a diverse group of people with ease and diplomacy
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit both your resume and a cover letter.