Manhattan Theatre Club (MTC), a Tony Award-winning nonprofit theatre dedicated to the production of contemporary plays and musicals, seeks a full time Development Operations Manager. For nearly fifty years, MTC has been the creative and artistic home for America’s most gifted theatrical artists, producing works of the highest quality by American and international playwrights. We are strongly committed to producing work that is made by, and tells the stories of, a wide range of voices from all walks of life and to making that work accessible to all audiences including those that have historically lacked access to the arts and cultural sector. MTC produces eight plays annually in Broadway’s restored Samuel J. Friedman Theatre on West 47th Street and off Broadway at the historic NY City Center complex on West 55th Street.
The Development Operations Manager is a key member of Manhattan Theatre Club’s Development team charged with helping maintain and manage the department’s use of the database system Tessitura, in support of department-wide goals and functions. This person will lead the department’s efforts to capture, organize, use and analyze constituent data to achieve department and organizational objectives. Primary responsibilities include but are not restricted to: the accurate processing and reporting of all gift and pledge information in Tessitura; implementing reporting tools and dashboards; overseeing the generating of donor lists; and training new users.
• Maintains all aspects of Tessitura data as related to the Development Department including data entry policy and procedures that ensure data integrity with donor information.
• Develops, updates and documents training materials for development Tessitura users and leads training of staff and interns.
• Serves as team expert for organization’s efforts to understand its constituent data by providing analysis and guiding segmentation efforts.
• Ensures that pledges and gifts from all channels are processed accurately and on a timely basis.
• Ensures that pledge management procedures are adhered to and all invoices remain current.
• Works closely with Director of IT to produce reports on Development income and projections, as well as other ad hoc reports and analysis.
• Works closely with Finance to reconcile development revenue in Tessitura with the financial system’s ledger.
• Collaborates with IT to create advanced queries, lists and exports to support all fundraising activities.
• Proposes and designs data enhancements and standard reports that increase the efficiency of data entry and efficacy of reporting.
• Oversee gift acknowledgment and renewal processes.
• Supervise the work of the Development Operations Assistant.
• Other duties or projects as assigned.
• 3-4 years of relevant professional experience.
• Fluency with development database software and operations at a not-for-profit organization is essential. Experience with Tessitura is strongly preferred.
• Excellent administrative, communication, and computer skills (particularly Word and Excel) are required.
• Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to take initiative, be flexible and work well independently and with a team