The Center for Arts Education (CAE) has an opening for a staff member interested in and passionate about innovative arts education for students in NYC public schools and equity in education and the arts. Are you creative, resourceful and ambitious? The Center for Arts Education, CAE, needs an energetic, hard-working, detail-oriented Development Assistant to join our dedicated staff team in our midtown New York City offices. Please learn more on our web site (www.centerforartsed.org), Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, @centerforartsed.
Position Title: Development Assistant
Employment Classification: Part-time through June 30, 2018
Reports to: Development Team (2 managers)
Schedule/Hours: 2-3 days a week
Salary/Wages: $18-20 per hour
Start Date: Open until filled
Partial Benefits: Pro-rated time off and transit check
• Help ensure materials are well-drafted and ready for submission: proofread, copy edit and
submit letters, proposals, reports, briefing materials, promotional pieces, etc.
• Assist with the administration of grants proposals and reports
• Prepare donor correspondence and mailing lists, draft, print and send acknowledgement letters
• Participate in the production of the annual fundraiser and year-end appeals
• Conduct research on prospective donors, individual and institutional
• Maintain database records and assist with general office duties (phone, mail, etc.)
• Assist with gift processing and donor communications
• Contribute to the development team’s effort to cultivate and expand our individual donor,
government, institutional and corporate supporter base in order to meet or exceed our revenue
Qualifications and Skills:
• Applicants must have or be currently pursuing a B.A. or B.S.
• Applicants must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, (Excel and Word are essential)
• Experience with Raisers Edge, CRM and/or research databases a plus.
• Strong communication, proofreading, and organizational skills
• Ability to prepare professional-looking documents
• Exceptional attention to details and deadlines
• Ability to write well and in a variety of formats, from reports to marketing materials
• Flexible and able to work independently
• Interest in database management, analysis and research using the CRM (Customer Relationship
Management System) as a tool to increase effectiveness of fundraising a plus.
• Experience and interest in event planning, non-profit communications and marketing a plus
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, writing sample and three references to, email@example.com with Development Assistant Job Applicant in the subject line. CAE will contact only those applicants invited to interview.