St. Nicks Alliance after school programs include leadership and project-based clubs that respond to the unique developmental needs and interests of middle school aged youth. Clubs can include Music (vocal, song-writing, production, instruments, etc.); Dance (hip-hop, ballroom, ballet, Latin, etc.); Art (visual, sculpture, crafts, photography, animation, etc.); Hands-on (cooking, science experiments, environmental, etc.); Communications-based (journalism, creative writing, debate, etc.); and sports (team, individual, etc.) We are especially looking for staff with talents to share and experience teaching them to youth!
The Dance Teaching Artist will be responsible for designing and delivering curricula for performing arts enrichment activities while ensuring the safety and engagement of youth. The position requires a passionate, creative, energetic, team-building leader committed to providing the highest quality of programming for youth.
- Design and deliver curricula for dance activities for each semester with a showcase at the end for each semester.
- Lead dance activities that are engaging and age-appropriate
- Actively monitor and engage participants during all program activities
- Plan and facilitate purposeful and engaging activities and theme-based projects catered to the age, stage and interests of participants
- Serve as a positive role model for participants by demonstrating professional language and behavior
- Develop positive, caring relationships with young people and their families
- Utilize youth development principles to enhance program quality and support growth in young people
- Collaborate with co-workers and program supervisors around effective program operations; uphold all safety standards and procedures
- Actively participate in training and professional development to continuously improve on quality
- Must hold or be pursuing a degree in performing arts or related field, or with related experience
- At least one year experience working with children and young teens in afterschool settings HIGHLY preferred
- A sound understanding of English including reading, writing and speaking; bilingual abilities a plus
- Ability to collaborate with other team members
- A genuine enthusiasm for developing professional skills through training opportunities, observation, coaching, and feedback
- After School Availability between 2pm-6pm, approximately 10-20 hours a week; Monday- Friday; some holidays and holiday weeks
- Comply with School Age Child Care Clearances (SACC) requirements; including background check and medical clearances.
- Must be
- empathetic, patient, understanding, and a good listener
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm!
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
English, Spanish a plus!
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume, cover letter with relevant experience and example lesson plan/video of previous work to “firstname.lastname@example.org” with “Dance Teaching Artist” in subject line. Please include preferred age (elementary, middle school, or high school).