The Sheen Center Communications & Development Associate (CDA) is part of a three person in-house staff that includes the Director of Communications, Communications Manager, and the CDA. The CDA is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of both institutional and event-driven marketing plans under the direction of the Director of Communications. S/he uses their graphic design, social media, writing, and overall marketing skills to ensure on-time, high quality, accurate, and effective results that meet organizational objectives.
The CDA is responsible for the execution of digital and print collateral pieces, including the season brochures, website graphics, eblasts, flyers, postcards, newsletters, etc. and is a contributor to the original designs for The Sheen Center’s various marketing campaigns. The CDA will be expected to attend and sometimes work various Sheen events, often as a photographer, in the evenings and on weekends.
The CDA works with the Director of Development to design and produce institutional collateral for donor cultivation, special events and other Development initiatives. The CDA will provide other support to the Director of Development on an as-needed basis.
The CDA is conversant with recent trends in digital and social media and interacts with the Communications team and outside vendors to ensure that The Sheen Center is on the leading edge of industry best practices.
Reports To: Director of Communications
Specific Duties Include:
· Design, create and edit a variety of digital and print collateral pieces that meet the goals and objectives of Sheen marketing and development campaigns.
· Prepare printed programs for Sheen Center productions.
· Participate in weekly Communications meetings.
· Assist with audience engagement efforts across key programmatic areas.
· Write and/or edit copy for digital and print collateral as directed.
· Collect, organize, and archive all Sheen Center marketing collateral.
· Prepare and create social media posts as directed.
· Work with Director of Development on specific development campaigns including but not limited to membership drives, annual campaign and program specific campaigns.
· Assist in the execution of timely development reports and other documents including donor acknowledgements and preparation for Board meetings and grant applications.
· When necessary, work with Director of Development on special event planning and execution, including donor and member events, annual gala and other targeted events.
· A minimum of one year in a marketing/communications position.
· Advanced or Expert level skills in graphic design using software applications in the Adobe suite, primarily InDesign and Photoshop, including laying out multi-page documents for print as well as other graphic elements.
· Familiarity with social media trends and ability to create content for various sites, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
· Ability to work independently and produce accurate and timely results.
· Strong written and verbal communication style and skills.
· Strong collaborative skills.
· General grasp of the Arts as an industry with experience in one or more disciplines preferred.
· Photography skills highly desirable
· As is true with all staff positions, he/she should be in strong alignment with The Sheen Center’s mission.
Holidays; sick days; vacations; medical and retirement plans available.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED