Broadway Bound Kids is a non-profit that inspires and empowers young lives through the performing arts, in a transformative and inclusive community. We offer programs for over 500 students every week, including free, subsidized, and scholarship programs. Our goal is to make arts education accessible to as many students as possible in Manhattan and the surrounding boroughs. We offer a variety of high quality programs and professional development that focus on community over competition as we ensure that all kids are welcome and differences are celebrated. Students work with professional teaching artists to reach their highest creative potential while deepening their empathy, expressing themselves fully and and enhancing their social and emotional learning.
Broadway Bound Kids is seeking an organized self-starter who is passionate about arts education for kids and experienced in fundraising and leadership of nonprofit organizations. The Executive Director will oversee, implement, and ensure the sustainability of BBK’s operations through fundraising, financial management, administration and communications, to continue to fulfill its mission. This position is full time but there are opportunities to occasionally work from home. This position also requires occasional nights and weekends. The Executive Director should have excellent communication skills, be eager to build relationships, have a strong background in development and great with kids. The Executive Director will have an incredible opportunity to make a large impact on our students and work in a very rewarding environment. while providing leadership for a dedicated and talented team of professionals at an exciting time for our organization. This is a great opportunity for a rising arts leader to play a key role in the continued development and achievement of strategic goals for an impactful non-profit.
- Lead and oversee development goals and activities; Oversee grants administration, including reporting
- Lead and oversee various fundraising activities such as annual fundraiser, individual cultivation and solicitation, institutional fundraising, capital campaigns and special events to reach our annual fundraising goals
- Write grant proposals and compile supporting documents in response to solicitations
- Recruit Board Members and cultivate board; serve as a member and staff liaison
- Work with Board of Directors and staff to identify and cultivate new funding sources Leadership and Institutional Advancement
- Work with the Director of Programming and Education to provide a strong day-to-day leadership presence that incorporates mindfulness and our core values for all staff
- Provide effective and inspiring operational leadership by developing a broad and deep knowledge of all programs and setting clear goals and benchmarks
- Grow and maintain positive relationships with our community and supporters
- With the Founding Artistic Director, co-lead the strategic planning process with the Board of Directors and senior staff
- Oversight of hiring, compensation and performance management (including performance review process) Operations
- Establish, improve and maintain efficient operations and productivity platforms ensuring compliance with all organizational policies, procedures and bylaws
- Co-Manage key vendor relationships
- Oversee risk management and legal activities: contracts etc.
- Financial Management and Oversight
- Direct and administer all financial plans and oversee business policies and monthly accounting practices
- Develop and monitor project budgets to assure organizational efficiency and appropriate resource allocation; manage cash flow
- Oversee annual audit and timely filing of federal, state, and county tax forms and Applications
- Compose budgets for specific programs and processes
- Marketing and Communications
- Work with marketing director to co-create and oversee development and execution of annual communications plan, including marketing, Social Media and PR strategies for promoting productions, educational programs and the organization.
- Must be passionate about our mission, the performing arts and working with children’s programming
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of demonstrated non-profit leadership experience
- Proven fundraising and development experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with board members, donors and administrators
- Strong self-awareness and high emotional intelligence; Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team – flexible and able to multi-task
- Strong financial management skills and analytical abilities
- Enthusiasm for mindfulness and meditation is a plus
- Previous Theatre and/or arts management experience preferred
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Dropbox and Google apps. Must have knowledge of iCloud, Mailchimp and other productivity tools. Salary and Benefits: Salary Range: $55-60k Paid Time Off All major holidays off-paid Health Insurance Stipend This is currently an Independent Contractor Position Materials Required:
- Cover Letter Including a Brief Personal Mission Statement
- 3 References
- Immediate Hire: Send materials to Erin Glass at firstname.lastname@example.org All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Broadway Bound Kids takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.