The Bilingual Performing Arts Educator will be responsible for designing and delivering curricula for performing arts enrichment activities while ensuring the safety and engagement of youth. The position requires a passionate, creative, energetic, team-building leader committed to providing the highest quality of programming for youth.
The position is for a high school (9th and 10th grade) After School program located at 850 Grand Street, Brooklyn NY.
- Design and deliver curricula for performing arts enrichment activities
- Submit lesson plans prior to each class
- Lead performing arts activities that are engaging and age-appropriate
- Actively monitor and engage participants during all program activities, field trips, clubs, activities, recreation and dismissal
- Plan and facilitate purposeful and engaging activities and theme-based projects catered to the age, stage and interests of participants
- Serve as a positive role model for participants by demonstrating professional language and behavior
- Develop positive, caring relationships with young people and their families
- Utilize youth development principles to enhance program quality and support growth in young people
- Collaborate with co-workers and program supervisors around effective program operations; uphold all safety standards and procedures
- Actively participate in training and professional development to continuously improve on quality
- Must hold or be pursuing a degree in performing arts.
- At least one year experience working young teens in afterschool settings HIGHLY preferred
- A sound understanding of English including reading, writing and speaking; bilingual abilities a plus
- Ability to collaborate with other team members
- A genuine enthusiasm for developing professional skills through training opportunities, observation, coaching, and feedback
- After School Availability between 2pm-6pm Monday- Friday, approximately 6-12 hours a week (2-3 days); some holidays and holiday weeks
- Comply with School Age Child Care (SACC) requirements; including background check and medical clearances.
- Must be empathic, patient, understanding, and a good listener
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm!
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
English and Spanish
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
Please include cover letter with relevant experience and resume to “firstname.lastname@example.org” with “Bilingual Theater Instructor” in subject line. Please include an example of a lesson plan or previous student performances if possible.