Irish Arts Center seeks a highly organized and driven Assistant Production Manager to work closely with the Production Manager to insure artistic and technical excellence across all of Irish Arts Center’s multidisciplinary programming, including music, theatre, dance, literature, interdisciplinary work, film, and visual arts. The Assistant Production Manager joins at an exciting time in the life of the organization, as we prepare to break ground on a state of the art new facility while continuing to grow a robust schedule of dynamic work at our 99-seat theater, gallery space, and offsite facilities. The ideal candidate is ambitious, flexible, and excited to learn. Start January 2019.
· Work closely with the Production Manager, Director of Programming and Education, relevant Programming staff, and Executive Director to help artistic leadership, staff, and production designers accomplish artistic goals.
· Lighting and sound operation to support IAC produced programming on evenings and weekends, as part of a schedule of management coverage developed and shared with the Production Manager. Role also includes direct responsibility to serve as main point of production contact for discreet projects.
· Connect and communicate daily with Production Manager to facilitate advance technical coordination for all IAC produced programming, including assisting in the creation of schedules, equipment purchases and rentals, contracts, and production related hires.
· Oversee front of house operations with a direct report from Head House Manager, including payroll processing for part time front of house staff. The Head House Manager role includes hiring, scheduling, and training of front of house staff, concessions orders, and reception coverage.
· Track budgets for programs where Assistant Production Manager has direct responsibility, and support budget tracking of the Production Manager.
· Attend meetings with IAC staff, company staff, directors, and stage management as necessary.
· Develop relationships with designers, directors, and artists to help them accomplish their artistic goals, balancing their needs with those of the company.
· 3-5 years of combined live theater, concert production, video, audio, and production management experience
· Administrative and leadership experience that demonstrates excellent judgment, the ability to listen well, manage and prioritize multiple tasks while paying attention to detail, and the ability to work independently as part of a coordinated team.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· The ability to work under pressure when necessary, and to pitch in to get the job done when a deadline looms. Tech periods require late night and weekend work hours.
· Functional competencies in technical theater, basic stage carpentry, props, basic theatrical rigging, sound reinforcement, production lighting, and audio & video production
· Highly organized, self-motivated, flexible, and interest in promoting a team/collaborative work environment
· BA, BFA, or equivalent professional work experience in production
· Ability to lift 50 pounds and climb stairs and ladders
· Computer literate and functional competencies with Mac OS, MS Windows, MS Office, Vectorworks and/or AutoCAD, Lightwright
This job description is a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications of the position. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
This opportunity is a full-time staff position with benefits.Salary commensurate with experience.
Irish Arts Center, founded in 1972, is a national and international home for artists and audiences of all backgrounds who share a passion for the evolving arts and culture of contemporary Ireland and Irish America. Based in Hell’s Kitchen, New York City, the Center presents, develops, supports, promotes, tours, and distributes work from established and emerging artists, providing audiences access to cultural experiences that are innovative, collaborative, diverse, authentic, emotionally and intellectually transporting, meet the highest standards of excellence, and celebrate our common humanity. The Center also provides community education programs for adults and children of all ages and ethnic, racial and socioeconomic backgrounds, and an international home for the Irish community to come together and engage with a dynamic, global diaspora.
Later this year, the organization will break ground on a landmark new permanent home, including a state of the art flexible theatre for music, dance, theatre, visual arts and interdisciplinary works; a second, intimate space optimized for live music and conversation, recordings, master classes and special events; classrooms and studio spaces for community education programs in Irish music, dance, language, history, and the humanities; and a spacious avenue-facing lobby café lobby that will be a hub for artistic and community hospitality.
Irish Arts Center is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, creed (religion), color, sex (including gender expression), national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Excellent health benefits included.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line “Assistant Production Manager.” No calls, please.