About Us: Jiva Performing Arts is a registered 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization which exists to promote and preserve the classical arts of India, specifically Indian classical music and dance. Through innovative performances, classes, workshops, lecture demonstrations and a strong arts-in-education base, we strive to encourage the growth of the classical arts of India in the New York City area and more broadly, throughout the whole US.
Summary Description: We are seeking a highly organized and imaginative individual to assist in all aspects of our arts programming. The Arts Program Assistant will have the opportunity to help fulfill our artistic vision and programming, manage our class bookings and space, help organize and promote our events and workshops, help organize our fundraising Gala, assist in documentation, research and write funding grants, help with publicity and marketing for all our programming, as well as update our social media and website.
The Arts Program Assistant will work directly with the Artistic Director, as well as Board Members.
Main Responsibilities: • Assist with day to day operations of an arts non-profit organization
• Maintain all studio bookings and schedules for classes
• Assist in marketing related activities such as the development of newsletters, updating social media pages and websites, and updating mailing lists.
• Assisting in fundraising and development efforts such as identifying grants and corporate funding.
• Assist in programmatic activities such as coordinating events and workshops
• Coordinating with the Gala committee to organize Fundraising Gala in the Fall
• Assist in video documenting programs
• College Graduate or Graduate student preferred
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• General computer and office skills
• Knowledge of HTML, Adobe Photoshop, IMovie, and digital video editing a must
• Attention to detail and ability to independently work on multiple projects at the same time
• Experience working in social media
• Experience with marketing/PR
Availability: We are looking for an immediate hire for 8 hours per week. We are looking for someone who works and has their own MacBook. Hours are generally Weekdays, M-F.
This is a paid position and the starting salary is $16/hour.
Jiva Performing Arts | 345 E. 9rd St. #26B | NYC 10128
How to Apply: To apply for the Arts Administration Internship: Submit resumé, cover letter detailing your interest in this position, and your availability to Sonali Skandan Artistic Director email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED