Position: Arts Director
Location: 287 East 10<sup style=”font-family: “Garamond”,serif; font-size: 12pt;”>th</sup> St. New York, NY 10009
Salary Range: $50,000
Employment Type: Full-Time, Exempt
****Please apply online at www.bcny.org/careers
Founded in 1876, The Boys’ Club of New York (BCNY) is a youth development organization with the mission to empower boys and young men, ages 7 to 21, by providing effective programs and a supportive community. BCNY provides evidence-based programs to address the evolving social, emotional, health, creative, educational, and vocational needs of our members in meaningful, lasting ways. BCNY develops programs to cultivate positive qualities in members and strives to continually deepen and broaden our impact.
Reporting to the Clubhouse Director, the Arts Director is responsible for the development, implementation, revision and evaluation of programs and activities related to all facets of the arts and cultural enrichment/diversity. The programs and activities are designed to help promote and foster the educational, social, physical, intellectual, emotional, vocational and professional growth of all BCNY members.
· Develop, implement, and administer a comprehensive exploratory arts program for younger members and specialty rostered programs for more advanced members in specialty art areas including but not limited to dance, theater, visual arts and music education
· Develop curriculum and teach specialty arts programs every cycle
· Hire and manage specialists responsible for implementing various art programs, including music, visual arts, media arts, ceramics, photography, dance, theater, and a hands-on art series for teens
· Work with other Arts Directors and relevant parties to implement art shows and events
· Maintain accurate and complete member records, including art work and projects
· Coordinate rostered arts education programs and monitor attendance in adherence to Clubhouse policies and other scheduled programs
· Establish and enforce behavioral expectations and procedures for maintaining order in classrooms and shared Department and Clubhouse spaces
· Organize special events in the Clubhouse and monitor staff and member participation and engagement
· Manage music program services, including coordinating and tracking the purchase of all music supplies and equipment, maintaining music classroom security and upkeep of the music program facilities and equipment
· Process and track all art education purchases and invoices; monitor budgetary spending
· Approve and submit art instructor payroll to the Finance Department and Clubhouse Operations
· Facilitate Department staff meetings and any other meetings as requested; take minutes for all meetings, disseminate information and maintain a follow-up system for outstanding items
· Participate in all Clubhouse events including staff meetings, special events, and parent meetings
· Collaborate with Education Director and Clubhouse Director to create, manage, and direct projects in the STEAM Lab (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math)
· Ensure the safety of all members at all times
· Manage staff schedules, ensuring adequate coverage and providing coverage as needed
· Lead professional development, staff meetings, and trainings for part-time staff as needed
· Create a positive work atmosphere that fosters teamwork and a constructive exchange of ideas
· Ensure that all staff members adhere to behavior, discipline, and safety policies
· Bachelor’s degree in in related field desirable
· Minimum 3 years related work experience, preferably working with youth
· Previous experience supervising staff
· Excellent communication, critical thinking, and decision-making skills
· Commitment to a collaborative team-oriented management approach
· Demonstrated experience with activity planning, facilitation, and working with a like population
· Understanding of strengths-based approaches to youth development
· Demonstrated leadership skills
· First Aid and CPR certification desirable
Resume and cover letter required.
The Boys’ Club of New York is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online only with resume and cover letter.
401k, Medical, Dental, Life, Vision and much more