We are New York City’s top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need a results-driven Art Teacher to join our school community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Building a classroom culture in which students love art;
- Engaging students in the creative process and cultivating their talents, while deepening their knowledge and understanding of art, design, and art history;
- Collaborating with Art Teachers across the network to build a world-class art program, while cultivating a school environment that prioritizes aesthetics and makes learning visible to the community;
- Building a culture of self-expression, and utilize discourse and critique to press scholars’ critical thinking about art; and
- Engaging in training with school leaders to benefit from targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction, accelerating learning and growth with unparalleled support.
Successful candidates should also have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Have prior experience in establishing creative environments in which art is explored, discovered, and observed both in and out of the classroom;
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Art or Art Education, with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership;
- Are a person of high moral character; and
- Are passionate about art and learning.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
HOW TO APPLY
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED