Create Forward is now hiring an Administrative Assistant to provide daily support with the management of a range of creative social impact projects around the country. The role of the Administrative Assistant is to provide administrative support to our project leads as they deliver events, trainings, and programs that advance equity and justice nationally.
- Confirming dates and locations for upcoming trainings and events
- Facilitate planning calls between partners and Create Forward staff;
- Maintain the calendar of the company president;
- Manage the growing email lists and curate our bi-monthly newsletter;
- Complete expense reports and manage receipts;
- Provide logistical support for trainings and public events;
- Manage social media accounts and post content regularly;
- Generate reports on audience participation from events and trainings for our annual report;
- Make minor updates to our websites;
- Supervise interns and volunteers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Basic research skills
- Some experience with event planning and coordination;
- Previous community organizing experience is a plus;
- Passion for social justice and particularly criminal justice reform;
- Creative problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work independently and stay motivated;
- Adaptable and able to work collaboratively with a range of different people;
- Possess an ability to listen empathetically and remain solutions-oriented;
- Creative with a desire to merge arts practice with social justice;
- Great at multi-tasking and managing priorities;
- Basic graphic design skills.
This is a part-time position at 25-hr per week at $18 per hour. Some flexibility with scheduling but must be available at least 4 week days. Starts immediately. Our office is based in Harlem.
Please submit a cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.