Date: April 27 & 28, 2016
Time: 8:30 am
Location: THE CITY COLLEGE OF NEW YORK : SHEPARD HALL 160 CONVENT AVENUE NEW YORK, NY 10031
The address of Shepard Hall is 160 Convent Avenue, Close to 138th Street and Convent Avenue. Check transportation before departure by visiting http://www.mta.info/
The most easily accessible train stops to CCNY are the 137th Street – City College stop on the 1 Train (Red Line), or the 145th Street stop on the A,B,C,D Train (Blue/Orange Lines).
To get to Shepard Hall at CCNY from the 137th Street – City College stop on the 1 Train(Red Line)
• Take 1 Train to 137th Street – City College Station
• Exit train at 137th Street – City College Station
• Walk East on 138th Street
• Turn left onto Hamilton Pl
• Turn right onto W 140th
• Turn right onto Convent Ave
To get to Shepard Hall at CCNY from the 145th Street – A,B,C,D Train stop (Blue/Orange Lines)
• Take A,B,C, or D Train to 145th Street
• Exit train at 145th Street Station
• Walk one block west on 145th Street to Convent Avenue
• Turn left onto Convent Avenue
The M101 bus will get you closer to Shepard Hall than the subway. You can take the ABCD train (Blue/Orange Lines) to 125th Street and take the M101 bus
NOTE – IT’S A LONG WALK UP HILL FROM 125TH STREET TO CCNY. THIS ROUTE IS NOT RECOMMENDED UNLESS YOU PLAN TO TAKE THE BUS.
• Take A,B,C, or D Train to 125th Street
• Exit train at 125th Street Station
• Take the M101 bus north (toward Ft. George 193rd St via 3 Av) and get off at Amsterdam and 138th. Walk north to W. 140th. Turn Right onto W. 140th. Turn Right onto Convent Ave.
• For the return journey, take the M101 bus at West 135th Street and Amsterdam Avenue. And get off at West 125th and St. Nicholas Avenue.
To get to 137th St subway station 1 train (Red Line) FROM Shepard Hall at CCNY
• Walk north on Convent Avenue to W. 140th Street
• Turn left on W. 140th Street
• Turn left on Hamilton Pl.
• Turn right on 138th
• Enter train at 138th and Broadway
To get to the 145th A,B,C,D train (Blue/Orange Lines) FROM Shepard Hall at CCNY
• Walk north on Convent Avenue to 146th Street
• Turn right on 146th Street
• Enter train at 146th and St. Nicholas Pl.
We strongly recommend early reservations and shopping around for the best prices online. It’s worth checking websites like Expedia, Hotels.com, Kayak, etc. and comparing them with the hotel’s own website. Check the cancellation policy before booking via any Internet sites.
Belnord, 87th and Broadway. Upper West Side, $200 per night. http://www.belnord.com/
Nylo Hotel, 2178 Broadway W 77th Street, Upper West Side, $278 per night. http://www.nylo-nyc.com/
Riverside Tower Hotel, Riverside Drive at 80th Street New York NY – Upper West Side. 1-866-599-6674 $139 per night (Expedia), limited availability. http://www.riversidetowerhotel.com/
Leo House, 332 West 23rd Street New York, NY 10011, small Catholic-run hotel – fine, no frills – located in Chelsea, near the subway ($125 – $215 depending on room details). 2 ½ month advance reservation recommended. http://www.leohousenyc.com/
Hotel Beacon, 2130 Broadway, Upper West Side, New York City, NY 10023 $271 per night (Hotels.com). http://www.beaconhotel.com/
Excelsior Hotel, West 81st Street, Upper West Side. $247 per night (Expedia). http://www.excelsiorhotelny.com/
Airbnb – rooms/apartments. Make sure you know whether you’re booking a room in an apartment occupied by others or the whole apartment and check the NYC location before booking https://www.airbnb.com. Various rates – generally less than NYC hotels.
Hosteling International USA, 891 Amsterdam Ave @ 102nd Street, New York New York 10025. Dorms, shared bath. $60-72 per night. Membership required.
Harlem YMCA, 180 West 135th Street, New York, NY 10030. $82 single, $118 shared with bunk beds. Check membership requirements.
All information as at 12/16/2015 and subject to change.