Date: Friday November 17th
Every Teaching Artist Insured is a free live stream presentation for teaching artists, freelance artists, and arts administrators who do not have insurance through an employer or union. This one hour presentation will provide clear information on how to sign up for a health insurance plan through the New York State of Health Marketplace (Obamacare), and information on local, low cost healthcare options for New York City residents.
Facilitated by Renata Marinaro, National Director of Health Services for The Actor’s Fund, this livestream presentation will equip you with the tools you need to get medical services as a freelancer. Topics will include:
- How do I enroll for ACA (Obamacare) insurance?
- How do I report sporadic or self-employed income?
- What are my options in 2018?
- Straight-talk about changes in ACA, executive orders, and how they may affect you.
- Am I eligible for Medicaid or subsidized insurance?
- Am I eligible for a $20 plan?
- Where do I get care if I’m uninsured?
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.