Day of Learning 2019: Action Learning Session Resources
Exploring the Process and Commitment of Becoming Better Social Justice Orgs
- Community-Word Project (CWP) materials, with respect to intellectual property:
- Panel Outline | Questions for panelists were altered based on the real-time discussion.
- Social Justice Wheel | Inspired by the Undoing Racism – The People’s Institute for Survival and Beyond
- Sample Reflection Questions
- FB Video | We Run Brownsville
- Philly’s 7th Ward | Black Educators Share Their Thoughts on What Happens When White Women Cry in Schools
- WNYC | #ThisIsNotUs Is a Cop-Out: Social Media and Charlottesville
- Ted Talk | The danger of a single story
Chart Paper Takeaways
LEARN MORE >
NYC Department of Education – Helpful Links
The NYC Department of Education recently restructured its website to better communicate with constituents and NYC DOE personnel:
- Main NYC DOE site (schools.nyc.gov) will be primarily for parents and families.
- Info Hub (infohub.nyced.org) will be for cultural partners and other constituents with public facing resources.
- WeTeachNYC (weteachnyc.org) will house materials and resources for educators; some content will require a NYC DOE login.